Soils: Red-Parent Material
This 1-day classroom course will focus on describing fine-textured red soils. Emphases will be placed on identifying distinct and faint redoximorphic features and describing soil profiles of red-parent material. This training will incorporate both classroom lecture and a site visit to examine soils typical to the area.
Instructors: Ben Meyer (BWSR), Greg Larson (US ACOE), Dennis Rodacker (BWSR), Dave Demmer (BWSR), Roger Risley (NRCS), Dan Wheeler (U of MN)
|Date||Location||Early Registration Deadline||Last Day to Register/|
Payment Due By
|September 28, 2017||Hermantown, MN||August 24||September 22|
*Course time is approximately 8:30-4:30.
Cost: $200 ($225 after Early Registration Deadline)
- Registration Form - For Checks and Purchase Orders
- Register Online for this session - Credit Cards only*
* Registration online is placed through learning.umn.edu, any questions with login/passwords should be directed to the number or email on the homepage of that site.
- Registration is filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registrations may be accepted after the last open registration date pending class size.
- Specifics regarding class location, agenda, etc. will all be sent via email upon receiving registration and payment.
- Payments must be received prior to the course date in order for your space to be held. Confirmations and all other correspondences will be sent via email.
- Please make check payable to the University of Minnesota.
- The registration fee includes refreshments, snacks, lunch and course materials. Dinner and hotel accommodations are on your own.
Mail registration form and payment to:
173 McNeal Hall
1985 Buford Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
A $30 processing fee will be assessed if you cancel up to three working days by 4:30 pm prior to any session. Any cancellation after these dates will forfeit the entire registration fee. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing via email, mail, or fax.
You may substitute another person's registration for your own. You must do this within five working days prior to the course.